WELCOME TO AMAZING WEB DESIGN
AmazingWebDesign (AWD) are proud to provide a first-rate website creation and management service.
Our web design experience and IT skill-base is extensive. And whether you require a simple small website, bespoke content management, or an e-commerce solution with payment gateway facilities, we always provide a quality service.
When combined with our SEO, Hosting, Domain name, Programming and Graphic design skills, it results in you having a fully integrated one-stop source for all your web requirements.
I look forward to being part of your next project.
(Founder and Chief Developer)
PS - Guest designers are invited to associate and list their design services on our site. You can subscribe to this new feature at the top of the 'Suppliers' page.
Signup for our newsletter
The cons of online website builders
Why choose us?
AmazingWebDesign (AWD) is the complete website service, there to provide you with an effective, responsive website you can be proud of.
We always help to make the process straightforward. From initial consultation, when defining your requirements, right through to developing your site, 'Plain English' is our first computer language 🙂
There are countless web design services on the web. And we've all 'chosen to see' the adverts of well-known 'template-type' services. But these can result in you not really owning your own website design at all, or having an inferior domain name. Or with you not being able to benefit from the specific back-end code your business/project needs.
The SEO presence can also be seriously compromised by such treatment.
It can be relatively easy to produce a good looking front-end design for a website (i.e. the pages you see, sometimes with gimmicky effects and some impressive images). However beyond that, it is much harder to produce a useful functional site which will dynamically service and communicate with your customers properly over time.
At AWD, we have all the programming skills to provide and integrate both sides of this equation, whilst also being cost effective, in order to help you make a return on your investment.
The chief developer and programmer at AWD has a broad and detailed knowledge with over 30 years IT experience.
Miles either works on a project himself, or otherwise personally oversees any element of a client project on which he collaborates, whatever is most efficient and appropriate.
The result is always top-notch and 'the eye' is always on the client's communicated priorities.
If your site needs custom layouts using hand-coded CSS styling then that is what will be used. Sometimes a simpler custom WordPress-type site is more appropriate to your needs and budget, so again the most suitable technology will be employed.
There are situations where a simpler-type site is the initial request, but later on a more complex provision is needed. In those circumstances we have the ability to 'drill down' at low level and tailor to what is required.
One size certainly does not fit all. We will always deliver an effective personal solution to your website goals by the most suitable technological means, and are not bound by a limited knowledge of just a few tools and languages.
As for SEO, many website developers automatically say they understand it, and unfortunately many do not. SEO of a website is also commonly an afterthought, added later, not budgeted for or even given too much priority. Such approaches are much less effective. So we always like to consider the initial SEO goals at both the design and website development stages.
Real project example
We took on this project for an estate agent client who already had a bespoke website based on the proprietary Microsoft ASP.NET web framework . Although the site had been developed over many years, it was unresponsive and was out of date. Other requested features that were common with modern websites were also lacking, but not able to be forthcoming from the original supplier.
The client clearly recognised the importance of having a more modern, up-to-date website to properly service their clients and also knew very closely what they needed their website to do. They also wanted search query facilities on numerous criteria together with an even more prominent post code search facility available from any position on any page!
The project was carefully specced out and a tailored replacement was suggested and quoted for using different and appropriate modern technologies.
The site was delivered to bespoke specification on time, and has also been improved over time.
The cost of the bespoke project was less than for the previous site.
Some notable features and improvements over the customer's previous website include:-
- It is now completely responsive to all device screen sizes
- It is now secure in terms of customers' communication with the site via the HTTPS protocol
- All customer website enquiry email is now automatically generated directly from the site and via the more secure SMTP protocol (less likely to be deemed as SPAM). Website generated email also uses an SPF (Sender Policy Framework) again also making it much more likely to reach intended recipients.
- Google MAPS street-view capability has been added for all properties including more recently adaptions for the Google Cloud Platform map billing requirements.
- The new site now had a proper relational database to record customer enquiries and the ability over time to send updated property particulars to all those still interested in specific property criteria. The site also now includes reporting/ data export facilities to make it easy to analyse and use that data 'on the fly' with Excel and other applications.
- AWD promptly take care of technical support issues and further development of the website on an agreed basis. After initial migration to a new host we also now take care of hosting matters for the website and it has been consistently up.
- Although we are not of the ilk to automatically sell or push new features as soon as they come along, we have all-the-same made numerous positive suggestions to the customer over time as to things which would benefit the site. Many of those have been successfully adopted.
The client seems very happy with the site and although the SEO element of the site could be considerably improved, the website has generated substantial visitor numbers, enquiries and related business. The client particularly commented that the maintenance of the backend of the site, where property record details are edited and uploaded, is now much easier to use when compared to the old site.
This particular customer site was extensively hand-coded and has bespoke property search facilities integrated as specified by the client.